Wednesday, November 07, 2012

The secretive nine!

Incognito Chris Budgell researching the Supreme Court of Canada

Dear Mr. Pieuk:

I read CyberSmokeBlog's article yesterday, Is the Supreme Court of Canada a secret society masquerading in judicial robes? Yes, I remember this story well and I think I emailed University of Indiana  Political Scientist David Weiden who was blocked by then SCC Executive Legal Officer Jill Copeland by warning past and present Law Clerks not to participate in his survey.

Jill Copeland's name first came to my attention in 2008 when as Executive Legal Officer she replied on behalf of Beverley McLachlin to my letter addressed not to the Chief Justice but to the Chair of the Canadian Judicial Council.

I'm not sure when Ms Copeland left her position at the Supreme Court but I subsequently discovered that she had joined Sack Goldblatt Mitchell LLP

http://www.sgmlaw.com/en/Lawyers/detail.cfm?lawyerid=60

and that is why I cc'd her one week ago on this e-mail:


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chris Budgell <cjbudgell@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Subject: Thanks for the Tip
To: Jeffrey Sack <jsack@sgmlaw.com>
Cc: jdurette@judicom.gc.ca, nsabourin@judicom.gc.ca, nwittmann@judicom.gc.ca, jcopeland@sgmlaw.com, info@fja-cmf.gc.ca
http://enmasse.ca/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13542&start=201

Chris Budgell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home