Thursday, April 02, 2009

A new use for Craigslist?

Margaret Greer - "Matron?"
Craigslist Poster seeks Witnesses To Scuffle With Logan Trooper - ‘Try to see it from my point of view’
Marie Szaniszlo, Joe Dwinell & Laurel Sweet
Thursday, April 2, 2009


A Craigslist poster using the handle “Matron” jumped into one of the Web site’s discussion forums Monday, saying she had just had a run-in with a state trooper at Logan International Airport and needed help.

“I am a middle aged lady driving a silver van and. . .I am seeking witnesses who were there and saw the State Trooper bang on my car and try to get through my door,” Matron wrote. “Several State Police cruisers pursued me and arrested me on the Mass Pike.”

The posting - the first of nearly a dozen attributed to Matron before they were deleted from the Web site yesterday - came hours after Margaret “Meg” Greer, 57, of Wellesley was arrested by troopers on the Mass Pike on Sunday night, allegedly after fleeing Logan Airport in her Mercedes-Benz SUV.

Her attorney, Carol Starkey, declined to comment on whether her client was the author of the Craigslist postings.

“We’re going to let Mrs. Greer’s story unfold in a court of law,” Starkey said.

Greer, a high-profile Wellesley portfolio manager, struck and dragged Sergeant Danial Wildgrube at Logan rather than relinquish her curbside pickup spot, authorities allege. She pleaded not guilty Monday in East Boston District Court to assault and battery on a police officer, assault with a dangerous weapon and failure to stop for police.

The Suffolk District Attorney’s Office has not decided whether it will investigate who Matron is.

“There are procedures by which we could determine the origin of such a post,” spokesman Jake Wark said. “We’re concentrating, however, on the incidents on the ground, rather than those in cyberspace.”

Calls and e-mails to Greer and Matron went unreturned.

In one post, Matron wrote:

“The officer in question was very aggressive with me, and I was scared to death. He asked me to move my car, and when I tried to comply, he started by banging on my hood, so he could give me a ticket. . .Try to see it from my point of view, alone in the car and a great big cop starts pounding on my hood, and then tries to grab me out of the car. This whole police-state-at-the-airport business has gotten way out of hand.”

Matron soon became agitated with the lack of sympathy on the discussion forum.

“I absolutely, positively did not hit a cop. . .The cops lie, and if you don’t know that, then you are naive. Thanks for all your help, Boston,” she ends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home