Sunday, December 16, 2007

What does it take?

Frank Goodon has left a new comment on your post "Why hasn't it been done?"

Clare,

I had to chime in on this one. We (Godon's) can trace our line back to Cuthbert Grant Sr. on our Grandfather's side and to land script. On our Grandmother's side its easier, since the US keeps blood degree of its native people and that puts Will Goodon and I at 1/4 blood.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Frank,

Thank you for writing. Question. What does it take to become a Manitoba Metis Federation Member with regard to blood degree? For example, would 5% do it?

Sincerely,
Clare L. Pieuk

1 Comments:

Blogger Frank Godon said...

"What does it take to become a Manitoba Metis Federation Member with regard to blood degree. For example, would 5% do it?"

(first Clare you put a period at the end of a question, LOL) I would say. Lookup the dif of a Metis from the MNC web site, I believe they have it there.

My Metis'ness' comes from what my grandfather and father handed down to me.

Keep your eye open on Derryls blog, I will be posting a paper sometime next year on why I believe that most people are confusing culture with tradition. Here is a sneak preview, "I believe that we "live" in a Canadian culture, but have a (place any culture background here) tradition.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home