Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Our Oscar for best acting job of the week goes to - drum roll, envelope please .....!

The candidates are:

(1) David "Noble" Chartrand (President, Manitoba Metis Federation)

(2) Darrel Roger Joseph Deslauriers (Fired MMF Provincial Director)

(3) Murray Norman "$The Happy Litigator$" Trachtenberg (MMF Lawyer)

(4) Lionel R. R. Chartrand (Legal Aid Manitoba alleged Solicitor)

And the winner is - IT'S A TIE! .....

David Chartrand for:

Chartrand said the MMF and the Métis National Council have a good relationship with Ottawa and there are no issues over how either body is spending money given to it by the federal government. (Winnipeg Free Press, February 8, 2008)

Darrel Deslauriers for:

"I had been a member of the MMF for eight years and for all that time I believed I was part of a Métis government," Deslauriers said. "Then I found out I wasn't part of government - I was on a corporation." (Winnipeg Free Press, February 8, 2008)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home