Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Posted on www.derrylsanderson.blogspot.com!

Problems With Louis Riel Capital Corporation?
In a conversation I had last week with a very highly placed source at the Manitoba Metis Federation, there was a very intriguing statement by the Executive. The long time MMF employee insinuated there were some investigations into alledged improprieties involving the former Head of the MMF subsidiary, the Louis Riel Captital Corporation. The LRCC helps Metis entreprenuers open or expand a business by loaning the cash for the project.
The Executive said "if there is anyone who is caught ........ from the Federation, the Federation will use the cops, lawyers and any other means to deal with the situation.....now I bet you want to know why in the hell was this guy risking talking to you anyway? Here is some verrrryyyy interesting "Stuff."
I got a call from none other than long time MMFer Rosemarie McPherson a few weeks ago. She stated Claire Riddle, Constitution Chair and Winnipeg Region Board Member, sent her a letter that essentially warned her not to talk about the LRCC. Riddle's letter mentioned Metis News and Stuff's posting about the LRCC and Doug Repay, along with the warning. So, Rosemarie phones me and tells me she would like to meet with me to further discuss the now fluid "situation." I didn't return her phone calls over the following days. What is so hilarious about the whole McPherson-MMF-Louis Riel Capital Corporation fiasco, is that Rosemarie NEVER was the source of my posting! Darrel Deslauriers, who was unceremoniously dumped as MMF Board Member, was the source. Deslauriers doesn't care about the posting either.
If there is any issue with the former Head of LRCC Doug Repay, as was discussed during the MMF Board of Director's retreat last month, then it should be dealt with. This could get a lot more hairier in the next few weeks.....could the MMF sue Repay, McPherson and Deslauriers! Ask Belhumuer, Pieuk and Yvon Dumont. As ridiculous as it sounds, anything is possible.
Note to the MMF Executive who I talked to.....thanks for your show of respect during our call. Despite the many articles I have printed that included your name, you showed true class during our talk.
With me, this is just Metis politics and my interest in it.....nothing personal. I'm still here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home