Friday, January 29, 2010

Let the revolution begin voters!

Frank Godon has left a new comment on your post, "How say you presidential candidate Frank Godon eh?"

The poster literally translated means:
Fascism comes
Crush vermin
Powerful counter-offensive
Proletarian
The symbolism is pretty much straight forward the average worker (red Soviet) rising up to crush the greedy elitist (Fascism)
You could say this symbolizes much like I want the Metis people of Manitoba to rise up and vote out the greed and jealousy so prominent these days in the MMF.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Frank Godon:
Thank you for writing to clarify the meaning of the poster for The Public Eye (Truth To Power - www.accesstoinfo.blogspot.com; vicpopuli1@gmail.com) and our readers. Is that what you meant Mr. Populi? If so the next MMF election later this year could bring a revolution. But then again, one is long overdue. Voters of the proletariat arise!
Sincerely,
Clare L. Pieuk

2 Comments:

Anonymous Scooter Tyme said...

If you want to know what time it is in Montreal, or Vancouver, or St. John's, check out the following link:

http://www.worldtimezone.com/time-canada12.php

I always check it before I call my aunt!

6:15 PM  
Blogger The Mad Bomber said...

I believe Frank is spot-on with his translation; at least, it accords with that provided by my own source. However, I submit - respectfully - that he is being much too literal in his interpretation of the picture's symbolism.

Every pic and photo I publish relates, at least on some metaphoric level, to the post alongside which it is published. Read the email, think about what Clare says in it, and the meaning of the pic should become clear. To readers who are interested in pursuing this further, I will drop two hints, which are not as blatantly unhelpful as they may seem at first: (1) When viewed in the light of Clare's comments to Cox about the nature of the MMF, the reader should notice the incredible ironic humour involved in my using this particular image. (2) I am emphatically NOT intending to say that the MMF leadership is analogous to the top-hatted fascist depicted in the poster; in a way, my meaning is the exact opposite.

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home