Friday, August 15, 2014

Good on you Henry! Hopefully, that Old Bugger 'Homer' Harper will drown himself at tonight's game!

Good Day Readers:

Hopefully, Justin Trudeau will be allowed to give 'Homer' the ice bucket twice - mess up that always perfectly coiffured hair!

Jeezus, why not extend it to other Conservatives luminaries as - "Kryptonite" Mike Duffy ... "Hurricane" Pam Wallin" ... Nigel Wright ...The Prime Minister's Office ...  

E-mail your Member of Parliament to challenge them to take the ice bucket challenge!

Sincerely,
Clare L. Pieuk
RedBlacks Quarter Back Henry Burris takes ice bucket challenge

Tom Baines
Thursday, August 14, 2014



Right after getting two buckets full of ice water dumped on his head, Henry Burris called out Prime Minister Stephen Harper and CFL commissioner Mark Cohon on Thursday at TD Place.

The Ottawa RedBlacks quarterback challenged Harper and Cohon to the Ice Bucket Challenge, which has caught fire within the sports community, designed to raise funds and get people talking about ALS, a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord and is also known as Lou Gehrig's Disease. Early symptoms of ALS often include increasing muscle weakness, especially involving the arms and legs, slurred speech and difficulty in swallowing and breathing.

Burris had been challenged by former teammate and Hamilton Tiger-Cats receiver Andy Fantuz.

"Hey Andy Fantuz, I received your challenge loud and clear. I'm just here to let you know, I'm going to double up on the Ice Bucket Challenge today," said Burris just before he was doused.

Burris laughed as the water and ice streamed down his face and onto his uniform.

"It's that moment where you go from comfort to complete uncomfort," said Burris. "I'm one of those guys, I'll jump in and be in ice up to my chest. It's much different when you're able to ease your way into the ice, rather than having it dumped on you from the top down. When they say hell freezes over, that's exactly what I expected it to feel like."

He said when he heard he'd been challenged, he was up for it.

Said Burris: "Don't sing it, bring it is one of my mottos. When people told me I'd been called out, I was like: 'He did what? He called me out for what? I can't believe he did that.'

"For the cause, that's what it's all about. I enjoyed it, actually. I'm now hoping that Mark Cohon and the right honourable Stephen Harper are ready to answer the call. I was thinking about calling out different players, but then I wondered how could I take this to another level? I came up with the face of our league and the face of our country … let's make it happen. They're both great gentlemen, looking to give back to those in need. I see them sticking their heads out there like myself and others have done and answering the call.

Twitter: @timcbaines

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home